Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hexagon Dishcloth / Washcloth Free Crochet Pattern

Measures approx 8 1/2 inches across at widest point
Materials: Cotton yarn
                Crochet Hook Size H

Make magic loop (Very easy to do. You can look it up on the internet.)

Rnd 1: Ch 1, 6 sc in ring, join with sl st in first sc, turn.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc around, join with sl st in first sc, turn - 12 sc.
Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in first sc, 3 sc in next sc, * sc in next sc, 3 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in first sc, turn - 24 sc.
Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, join with sl st in first sc, turn.
Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in each of the first 2 sc, 3 sc in next sc, * sc in each of the next 3 sc, 3 sc in next sc; rep from * 4 more times, sc in last sc, join with sl st in first sc, turn - 36 sc.
Rnd 6: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, join with sl st in first sc, turn.
Rnd 7: Ch 1, sc in each of the first 3 sc, 3 sc in next sc, * sc in each of the next 5 sc, 3 sc in next sc; rep from * 4 more times, sc in each of the last 2 sc, join with sl st in first sc, turn - 48 sc.
Rnd 8: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, join with sl st in first sc, turn.
Rnd 9: Ch 1, sc in each of the first 4 sc, 3 sc in next sc, * sc in each of the next 7 sc, 3 sc in next sc; rep from * 4 more times, sc in each of the last 3 sc, join with sl st in first sc, turn - 60 sc.
Rnd 10: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, join with sl st in first sc, turn.
Rnd 11: Ch 1, sc in each of the first 5 sc, 3 sc in next sc, * sc in each of the next 9 sc, 3 sc in next sc; rep from * 4 more times, sc in each of the last 4 sc, join with sl st in first sc, turn - 72 sc.
Rnd 12: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, join with sl st in first sc, turn.
Change to C.
Rnd 13: Ch 1, sc in each of the first 6 sc, 3 sc in next sc, * sc in each of the next 11 sc, 3 sc in next sc; rep from * 4 more times, sc in each of the last 5 sc, join with sl st in first sc, turn - 84 sc. Finish. Work in end with embroidery needle.



22 comments:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Oh, if only I knew how to crochet! Someday...

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a small new project to keep in my purse. I like to crochet, when waiting for, what ever...the doctor's office, my husband, you name it. This will be perfect. Can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pattern. I love to have small projects to take with me when I know I might have to sit and wait somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand, what would I be doing with the Magic Hoop, on this project?

Veronica said...

maureencracknell, do it now! They have videos in youtube. Once you start crocheting, you'll be hooked! (pun intended)

johabli@wordpress.com said...

Hi Debbi, I found your site through a link on AllFreeCrochet.com for a hexagonal dishcloth. I want to thank you for the gift, and for allowing others to sell your designs with a credit to you. As you know not everyone is so generous. It is all I can do to keep up with gifts so I doubt I’ll ever sell the item, but that’s not the point. I just wanted you to know some of us out here do appreciate your efforts, and besides all that, my dear old Sainted Mother promised me a good old fashioned haunting if I didn’t send thank you notes. John

Unknown said...

I just found this pattern through another site that linked to your hexagonal dishcloth. I found some old crochet cotton and decided to use it up. I just made the dishcloth and it came out great! Thanks for the pattern!

Anonymous said...

Easy enough to make this a hotpad or potholder. Just make another like it and join them together with a single crochet in each stitch and 3sc in each of the six corners.

DAS said...

These disclothes are helping me to use up left over yarn. Just made this dishcloth today. It does not look as good as your own... but I love it! Thanks for the pattern.

Anonymous said...

whipped that sweet boy up this afternoon between homework....love the pattern.....thx so much!

hetvenot2010 said...

Hello dear Debbie. I been sent lots
of times from "All Free Crochet"
patterns, and I for ever grateful
for ALL THE PERSONS WHO DONATE THEIR work for FREE! Very kind persons - who would like All of US
to use our fingers and create some
simple - some just a bit more difficult, but just a same - for all our benefit. May GOD BLESS YOU AND ALL THE OTHER PERSONS WHO ARE
KIND AND LOVING TO PART WITH THEIR
WORK!
Thank you very much.Best wishes and
kind regards always:Julie in England. Just a bit far from YOU<

hetvenot2010 said...

Hello dear Debbie. I have just wanted to send a nice little note, and now I just have to write another. Never mind. The feeling is
still the same. Thank you very much for yours and so many other persons who can part with yours and all the other persons creations. I for one is very grateful. It can show that You and all the other persons would like us to learn to crochet. I have done
it since a little girl and now only
76, still the very best of time I can spend crodheting! I do recommend it to everyone!! It does
help to drift away from the every-
days blues and in the end you have
created your very own something that you will remember. It is is the first time? or what ever.
Thank you again for your love to share with all of us. May GOD OF ALL COMFORT HAVE HIS BLESSING UPON
YOU AND ALL THE OTHERS- WHO MAY READ THIS. Best wishes and kind regards always from far away - England: Julie

craftrdj said...

thank you very much for the pattern. I have been making square ones, but this will give me a different look to work with. I love to crochet and love finding new patterns.

Sooner said...

Thabks for the patterns you donate. I'm going to try the dishcloth before I'll try the T-shirt pattern. Keep up all the work you do. Sooner

Traci Sumner said...

Ok, that was the best video for the magic ring that I've ever seen. It actually made sense this time and worked! Thank you.

Traci Sumner said...

Ok, that was the best video for the magic ring that I've ever seen. It actually made sense this time and worked! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Best pattern ever! Thanks for sharing. I've already made several and it's my new favorite : )

Anonymous said...

thank you for the nice dish pattern, i love it!!! also that is the first magic loop tutorial that i have ever been able to do!!! thank you soooo much.

GadgetMum said...

Lovely straightforward, well written pattern, thanks for sharing. Going to fasten 2 together to make a wash mitt.

Rebecca Mahon said...

Hi Debbie, this is an awesome pattern. I'm absolutely in love with it!!! I do however have one question, at the end of round 6 it says to change to B. In the instructions above, I don't see anything about a color "B". Thanks so much

Debs Crochet said...

Wow i didn't notice that. If you wish, you can changes colors where ever you like or not :)

Crafter said...

Thank you for sharing your talent.