Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Crochet Today New Towels, A Rainbow Rug & The Kittens

I have been busy multi-tasking. I'm working on a new rug (rainbow stripes) and added some new hanging towels to the shop.
Here's the rug so far. I'm crocheting it out of cotton t shirts. I buy the t shirts from a local thrift store. The proceeds of the sales they make go towards the food bank in town here. I cut up and made into "yarn". So it's a win-win. I recycle, and they help people.

I also still have the kittens, so they're keeping me busy. No takers yet. Hope i can find homes for them quick. They are growing like weeds and will be able to escape their enclosure soon. I don't want to bring them to the shelter as they are overcrowded as is and may be put down. Bender (the one with the bent tail) i figure may be the hardest one to find a home for since he has a deformed tail. I don't know if he was born that way, or if it had been broken. It's bent in two places. Regardless, it doesn't bother him. You can't really see it in the picture.When get a few bucks i can bring him to the vet to find out. I just don't have the money to do it right now. Besides they will all have to have their shots and get fixed when they reach 4 pounds. They're doing great with the potty training. I'm using paper in one of those hospital plastic buckets.

I did see an adult feral cat that also had a severely bent tail. The last time i saw him, it looked like the bent part had fallen off. Seems to be getting along fine. I'm i process of getting help to catch/fix/release the momma cat and her two boyfriends that have been hanging around. If all fails, i thinking will have to make these guys outdoor cats.I just can't keep them inside with hubbys breathing issues. He was intubated and put on a respirator twice since Nov.

So anyway, feel free to stop by,Tweet, Facebook , Like my shop at http://www.debs1967.etsy.com any purchase will greatly help with the cost for the kittys. Thanks.




2 comments:

breakmydreams said...

Very pretty rug and glad to hear by buying the shirts at the thrift shop it helps the food bank :)

Cute kittens :)

Unknown said...

You do good work (crafts and cats!!). Are there any places near you that would help you to defray the cat care cost? We have one that helps those who want to help the cats and dogs.