Friday, November 8, 2013

My Crochet Today T Yarn and Acrylic Yarn Basket Pattern

I crocheted a basket using a combination of t shirt yarn and acrylic yarn. I didn't use a pattern. I made it up as i went along, but as i remember:

 Row 1-magic loop, 7 scs, join,
 Row 2-Ch1, 2scs in ea sc (add an extra sc at end to "fill up" space)
 Row 3-Ch 1,*2 scs in next sc, 1 in next. Join  Repeat from * 
Row 4- Ch 1,* 2 scs in next sc, 1 sc in next 2 scs, Join Repeat from *
Row 5- Ch1,* 2 scs in next sc, 1 sc in next 3 scs. Repeat from *
Begin Sides:
Ch 1, (for this row only ) Now working with the acrylic yarn as well, sc in BLO of each sc around. Dec as needed so sides are nice and straight. I think this row i did 2 dcs. Space as evenly apart as you can, but doesn't have to be perfect.
Do not join, continue working in a spiral by just sc around.
Make as tall as you like, weave in yarn ends when finished.

Decreasing a few times as needed to make the sides more firm.The sides are 6 rows tall on my basket.
Materials:
Size N hook
T-Yarn
Acrylic yarn

I used approx 2 purple cotton t shirts, and the yarn is Red Heart Soft  Color: 7952 GEM. It has teal,purple,hot pink and lavender mixed colors in it.Very little used from a 4 oz skein. (check out the carousel on the bottom right of my page for some yarn choices. Any yarn will work) I want to try eyelash next time.
I did the bottom in just t yarn, and added the yarn for the remainder. No particular reason, was just an after thought.




And as a reminder......

If you're into doing crafts like me, i wanted to tell you about this great deal now going on with Etsy. They are now offering forty (that's 40) free listings when you join.Plus when you join, i also get 40 free listings! That's pretty freaking awesome.
  They let you sell your handmade and vintage items on there. Everything from crochet to jewelry. Now is prime time to join since the holidays are approaching fast and the sales will start picking up pretty soon. I don't know how long this will last, so hurry
  Here's the link etsy.me/15M3bdI

No comments: