Saturday, March 5, 2016

Yarn Score From The Thrift Store

Since my shop sales have slowed down, I've decided to crochet myself a pullover sweater from a free pattern i found on line
https://s3.amazonaws.com/spinrite/pdf/WEB-CARON-SIMPLYSOFT-C-OverEasyCowlNeck.pdf

So far i'm about 12 inches up from the bottom of the first half. Pretty easy so far, (fingers crossed) Sorry, picture/color isn't great, but you get the idea.


Here's my progress. I'm doing a extra large.  The pattern covers sizes extra small to 4/5 x-large. I'm using Caron Simply Soft Soft Green 9739. I scored a bunch of it from a thrift store for peanuts! The bag of yarn i bought even had an unfinished king size afghan made with the same yarn that must have at least 15 skeins worked into it. I think i paid $5.00 for it with a few full skeins of yarn. The balls of yarn are what i made off the afghan. Now i'm just working off it.
The only forseable change i may make to the pattern itself is the desigh on the arms. I may just continue with the same main stitch pattern.
Will keep you updated on my progress.



No comments: