Monday, December 11, 2017

Challange Accepted!

Three days ago, i received an email: Hi Debbie- Can you make this elf door stop for me and have it to me by the 15th?
 Well i wanted to challenge myself and told her i crochet pretty fast, but was making no promises.... I finished it yesterday, it goes out in the mail today and eta of delivery is the 15th. She is happy and my hook is smoking!






You can purchase the pattern on Raverly by The Left Handed Crocheter  www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/elf-draft-stopper-and-shelf-sitter

The only thing i changed was i used two strands of yarn held together for the legs and body to give it more weight besides adding the poly pellets to the base. I did one strand elsewhere, but in the face, i stuffed a nylon with fiberfill so it wouldn't show as bad through the holes. If i had to do over, i would just do the two yarns together. Otherwise it was an easy pattern. One hint: Mind the difference of back loop and front loop when doing the brim of the hat, sleeves and boot tops.


No comments: