Monday, December 17, 2012

No More "Jingle Bells"

All went well with Buckys neuter appt. They do it with a laser ( not sure how that works) I couldn't help but picture the vet looking like Luke Skywalker though- LOL. The recovery time is very quick. He went in around 8:00 this morning and was home by 2:00 this afternoon.

I took him to a place called Florida Aid to Animals. It's a low cost spay/neuter place. I had his neuter, and rabies shot, and a pill for fleas all for $47. I just treated all the animals for fleas about two weeks ago!! I've been spending $50 every two weeks on the average for the stuff from the vet. They said the fleas are really bad this year. My cats don't even go out. My dog goes out just to do her business, then right back. I guess we just need a good cold snap to kill them.

So anyway, at least that's done. Now i have to save up to bring my old dog Nikki to the vet. I found a lump on her chest. She's not bothered by it, but she's already 12. Gets me worried since i know she doesn't have much time left. Her mom was 15, and her dad was 10. I said this is the last dog for me. I don't want to go through the hurt anymore. I also said that about cats, and ended up with two more this year. I guess i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

No comments: