Monday, December 13, 2010

Unusual House Guests

It does get cold here in Florida. Right now it's a windy 38 degrees and will be going down to 25 with a wind chill of 10-15 degrees. I wrapped up some outside plants , but i know i will probably loose some. The cold will hang around for a few days.
Now as for my house guests, two are my pond turtles. They will be indoors until the chill passes. I have a big plastic pond thing they can hang out in. I've had the bigger one for about 10 years and the smaller one for about 3 yrs. The big one , I found as it was walking down my street towards the main road. The smaller one showed up looking for water during a drought in my neighbors yard.
I also have my sons 5 ft long iguana taking up residence in one of my bathrooms. He usually stays in a big cage in my screen porch. We hung a sign on the door so no one would get a big surprise.




1 comment:

Brittany said...

I'm in Florida too! And I'm freezing!!!!!