Thursday, September 23, 2010

Keeping an eye on the tropics

Well there's a system out there that may be too close for comfort. By next Tuesday/Wed, it may come towards Florida as hurricane Matthew. Really too soon to tell just yet. I hate the thought of going through a hurricane . I went through Francis and Jeanne and they were cat 2 & 3. If this one hits, I don't think it will be as bad since it will be coming from the south/west coast area, but still would have to get prepared. Such as bringing in anything loose in the yard-lawn furniture etc. Go shopping, board up windows, probably no electric afterwards, (not good with temps in the 90's and high humidity. So I will just have to keep my fingers crossed. Been pretty lucky so far. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

2 comments:

Kristin Aquariann said...

My fingers are crossed for you! I'm flying down to Florida tomorrow for a short trip to visit my uncle. We're leaving Monday so hopefully that system won't affect our travel.

Molly said...

I have everything crossed for you that is possible--fingers, legs, and even my eyes. Here's hoping that this doesn't happen but if it must it will be very, very tiny. Take care of yourself and family. We will be thinking of you.