Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Update on the Recycled Shag Rag Rug

I figured it was time to give an update on the recycled shag rug i've been working since last June (here's that post)  http://debs1967.blogspot.com/2012/06/not-crochet-this-time.html
It's very time consuming and i really have to be in the mood to work on it. I admit, i have tossed it aside at times. But now i at least have gotten past the half way point.
The first picture shows how i use the crochet hook to pull the t yarn (t shirt i cut up and made "yarn" from) through each square. The canvas blocks are 10 x 10 with 13 x 15 rows. So with fold over allowance on the edges, that's about 19,500 "yarns". I've been using cotton as it seems easier and softer to work with. It's pretty thick. When i push my finger in it, it's up to my knuckle, so about 2 inches deep. It already weighs about 5 pounds too.



 Back of rug



1 comment:

Florence said...

That is so cool! You must have a lot of patience because I sure couldn't do that myself!