Thursday, January 17, 2019

A Large Custom Order & A Pattern Review

I've been working on a pretty big big order, Four sweaters. I sent her the first one and she loved it. So glad because i'm my own worse critic. It's a crochet pattern by Glenda Bohard-Avila called Gypsy Cardigan. She sells the pattern on Etsy.
 Gypsy Cardigan 

The cardigan is made with an open work pattern of treble crochet stitches, and comes with directions for different sizes. The first one i made (shown) was made with purple acrylic yarn called 0356 Amethyst by Red Heart. The pattern said you can use either acrylic or cotton. I'm now making the second one using a cotton yarn- Peaches & Creme Ecru. I bought all the store had, and figured i could go on line to get more, but i haven't found any. It only came in small skeins of 2.5 oz. I would have preferred to get it by the cone so less joining. I tried searching on line, but the few i found where expensive, like $8. and i only paid $1.77 in Walmart. I may have to be creative here with a color close enough and work it in the trim or something if i run short.

The only thing is although it's a fairly easy pattern, it's a lot of counting so it's not one of those patterns you can sit in front of the t.v. with. I foolishly though so and had to frog about two hours work out of the current sweater. Has increases at the ends.





 

No comments: